Saturday, March 16, 2013

We never look up.

If you guys don't know what phone I've been using over the past 3-4 years.....................


Yep; it's Nokia X6
"WAIT WHAT?! NOKIA?! You still use Nokia? How come sia? Why don't want Iphone? Why don't want Android? Why don't want get 3G? Nokia so old liao!"

I've been getting these questions ever since I don't know when. 
Today; I shall give you my answers IN DETAIL.


Firstly; look at these 3 pictures.(from Google)




One of the pictures I found had this phrase:

We never look up.

Whenever I go out; I see people looking at their Hand-phones. Looking down. 
You may ask; "What's wrong with looking down?" "Phones are the only one that can entertain us what."
Think about it. Are phones the only thing that can entertain us? What about life? What about looking around? What's the true meaning of GOING OUT? 
Sometimes even noticing the things and people around us makes us who we are.

When we are waiting for trains or buses; we look down, we post statuses on how bloody long the trains and buses take. 
Why not look up and appreciate how the world has improved and made things so much easier for us?
When we go out with friends or relatives; we look down and talk to others by text or internet. 
Why not look up and spend quality time with the ones around you? Why not appreciate the times where you have right now before it's too late?

The truth is; we take things for granted in this world. Phones are used to communicate with others easily. 
I think it should be "Phones are used to communicate with others easily but should be used at a correct timing." 
We meet people in real life to communicate even more efficiently; but when people meet in real life,they look down at their phones. Why?


Are we controlling the phones or are the phones controlling us?

When we have phones; we have internet. When we have internet; we can do anything and everything.

But the internet has so much information that we don't open our mouths anymore
If we get lost; we use the internet. If we have doubts; we use the internet. If we are unsure about things; we ask our friends through phones(text, whatsapp).

What about opening up and asking? What about true communication in real life? Will the world turn silent?

We cannot rely on gadgets forever. Our hands move more than our mouths. Our brains stop thinking. Our ears stop listening. Because phones help us and we think we do not need people anymore.

Phones are something that will never die off; but people around you do. 
They might leave anytime. Think about it.


Two memorable incidents that affected me greatly. 

The first incident:
It happened to my cousin. I'm not saying it out on purpose but I'd just want to share. 
Iphone; Ipad and Ipod were all by her side & this led a large distance between all the other cousins and her. Sometimes I see her about thrice for the entire day because she coops up in a room playing or doing whatever she is doing with her gadgets. 

It disappoints me as all these technology made a vast difference in how relationships/friendships and family bondings work. Maybe she doesn't care; but I love each and every single person in my family and relatives. 
I don't wish to fade with anyone of them.

The second incident:
A father and a toddler. My and family and I were having breakfast at our usual coffee shop and I saw this toddler (still sitting in a baby chair) coloring her book with crayons.
Surprisingly; the person who was playing with his Ipad was the father. I remembered how the child tried to talk to her father to color together but he was so focused on playing the games.

Parent - Child bonding was supposed to be such a wonderful and beautiful thing. What happened?


Instant Updates.

Because of the internet; instant updates are everywhere. Facebook; Twitter; Instagram etc. 
Why must the world be so fast paced? 
Must we really update everyone immediately what we're doing; where we're going or what we're wearing? We have our own lives; we treat updating as a compulsory - job more of a hobby.

That's why I don't have 3G; Twitter; Instagram but only Facebook. & I use it most frequently with my desktop. If I really need to use it; I'll just borrow from someone else.
Sometimes we really need to slow down with our lives. That's why I chose blogging! 

After going out and taking pictures; I get back to my room to relax, reflect and post photos or updates here where I can share my entire day or story. 
Isn't this much better? 
Where you spend quality time with others outside and then coming home to use a PC to have your own time with internet.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post isn't about telling you readers not to get good phones or anything but to let you people understand why I decided to lead this path and thoughts. 
Of course one day I might have no choice but to get a better phone but I'll definitely limit myself and still be who I am and doing what I'm thinking now. 

My wish is that people would take this post seriously & really reflect on how we behave outside. 
Are we looking down forever? Are our eyes really open to the real world? 

I might sound totally lame or anything and I admit that my thinking is still old-fashioned. But from now on:


PLEASE TRY TO STOP ASKING WHY I USE NOKIA AND NOT OTHER "BETTER" PHONES. 


If not I'll just slam to you this post.
I love this phone and as long as I am able to text; call; take photos and listen to music; I am grateful!

E says byebye!

No comments: