Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SILK WHITIA Highly-Concentrated Collagen Hydrating Mask Review.

It's been quite awhile since I've posted reviews, the last one was on ChocoMarvel and this time I'll be reviewing a face mask on SILK WHITIA, Highly - Concentrated Collagen Hydrating Mask.

This was done at least a month before as I didn't have time or had the mood to do a review.

DISCLAIMER:
- Some photos are taken with filters because I totally forgot that it was for a review. 
- Honest remarks would be stated despite "nice" photo effects.




This is the first time I'm trying out SILK WHITIA Masks as my Mum and I decided to get it. I got it from SASA as we were getting My Beauty Diary Masks and chanced upon this. I forgot the price though :(

There are many kinds of SILK WHITIA Masks and the one we got was this.


To summarize what's stated at the back of the box:
- Provides the skin of the face with instant moisture and nourishment.
- Ideal for all skin types.

Application:
- Place mask into cleansed skin.
- Leave it on for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove & rinse face with water.

When I read "rinse face with water", my first thought was "How come face mask must wash away meh? I thought you're supposed to retain it".

Here's why.

Opening the package was already an eye-opener as there was a nice fragrance and soothing smell that came from the mask. First impression: SUPER DUPER MOISTURIZED.


If you could see clearly; this was how much "residue" it was inside when I took the mask out.

So much moisture even by swiping my finger on the package.

What I love about this mask is that it's firmer than other face masks. It's not thin and the material is much stronger. It doesn't tear easily and feels thicker than other masks.

The second thing I love is the cutting of the face masks; the eye hole is large enough and doesn't touch my eyes; the mouth area is also bigger and it doesn't touch my lips too!


I look super pissed but this is how my face always look when I use face masks :(


After waiting for 15-20 minutes; I removed my mask and my face still had soooo much of the content :O
I guess that's why we have to rinse it away?

Effects after rinsing my face:
- It immediately brightened up my face; looked much whiter and smoother.
- My face felt moisturized nearly on the instant; but then it wasn't moisturized after few hours.




Even though the effects were obvious after rinsing off; it didn't remain for long and even lost moisture after a few hours!
I even broke out days after and my face was getting dry! I was quite disappointed with it.

However after asking my Mum; she said that Collagen might be too strong for me as I'm still young and I have enough of it.
Also; my diet + sleeping habits + weather might have also affected the break outs & dryness of skin.

I have stopped using that mask and intend to give it to my Mum as I'm too afraid for another "collection" of bad skin.
Maybe someone could tell me if using Collagen masks at this age is just not right? Or maybe it's just not suitable for me :)

That's all for the SILK WHITIA, Highly - Concentrated Collagen Hydrating Mask.

Always stay tuned for more reviews, Stay pretty and wonderful ^^

No comments: